Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Flow notification

Hi All,

I have a flow run that adds data to a spreadsheet, what I then have is it sends a message out on teams to the sender as a reminder.

The issue I have is the email from the recipient I want to convert to change the @domain.com to @domain1.com, reason being the senders email from domain.com doesn't have a teams account but they do under domain1.com. 

Is this possible?

test.jpeg

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: Flow notification

@Price83

You can use compose data operation and add replace(email your want to convert, 'domain.com', 'domain1.com')

Then pass the output of your compose data operation to your teams action recipient field.

If this helps you please mark as accepted solution 

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

thanks for getting back, but what is the email I want to convert comes from multiple people?

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Price83 The recipients, how you fill currently the recipients in your screenshot? 

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I dont fill them at the moment, I've only just added this to my flow and cant work out how to convert the email to a different address

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

what I could do is add the email output from the data in the spreadsheet but this is the data that shows @domain.com which I need to convert

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Price83 so you have the email in the Excel sheet you are reading?

If yes that you can use the replace function to change the domain part

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

yes the email is in spreadsheet, im just not sure where to add the replace function

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Price83

Add a compose data operation and in the expression tab add the replace function

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I have created that and in the expression added 

replace('@domain.com''@domain1.com')

does this look correct as when I run it, it fails
Untitled.jpeg
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Price83 first parameter should be the email from your Excel, Second parameter text to replace, third parameter replace with

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

do you mean in the recipient box in teams?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,526)