cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow reply to email V3 with optional attachment from sharepoint - The request entity exceeds the limits defined by the external server.

Hi Powerautomate community,

I'm having touble with my flow:

I created a flow triggered by a powerapps button to answer to an e-mail and let the possibility to add attachments that i get from sharepoint.

powerapps send a boolean value for each attachment, if it's true: the flow gets the attachment on sharepoint and add it to a table variable initialized earlier called "attachment" in french, with a JSON code.
Then i use the outlook reply to an e-mail V3 and put the attachment variable on the attachment line.

the problem is:

- the flow works when i don't send attachment

- BUT when i had an attachment, there is an error: "The request entity exceeds the limits defined by the external server."

I don't understand why.

Have a nice day

overall flowoverall flowa little more detaileda little more detailedJson code to add the attachment to the table variableJson code to add the attachment to the table variable

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tom_FR,

Cause the file size of the Email attachment is 3MB. If your Email attachment over 3MB, it will report "Request entity is larger than limits defined by the external server."

Please make sure the file size is smaller than 3 MB to make sure it could be work when you send Email.

If you always have attachments over 3MB and you think it is necessary to increase the limitation, you could head to this idea, vote it to make it come true in the future:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Send-Email-with-Option-File-Size-Limit/idi-...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tom_FR,

Cause the file size of the Email attachment is 3MB. If your Email attachment over 3MB, it will report "Request entity is larger than limits defined by the external server."

Please make sure the file size is smaller than 3 MB to make sure it could be work when you send Email.

If you always have attachments over 3MB and you think it is necessary to increase the limitation, you could head to this idea, vote it to make it come true in the future:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Send-Email-with-Option-File-Size-Limit/idi-...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (8,123)