cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Regular Visitor

Flow returning incorrect list data

Dear power automate community,

 

I have a simple flow that sends and email notification after an item in my list has been modified. The Send an email notification (V3) sends the email, but the dynamic content that is gathered from my list does not match for 3 of several fields that it is returning. My email body looks something like this:

Body:

Dear [Requester DisplayName],

Your [Leave Type Value] request with ID#[ID] has been approved. For more details...

 

[Leave Type Value] Time Status

Days available at time of request: [Days Available]

Days used per request: [Days Requested]

Days remaining: [Days Remaining]

Next installment: [Next Installment Date]

Time balance after next installment: [Installment Balance]

* Please note: names in brackets correspond to Dynamic content; items in red identify problematic content.

 

Next Installment Date is a date field, but rather than returning the date in my list, I get the previous day. In other words, in one instance the field contained 12/1/2020. When I received the email, it returned 11/30/2020.

Days remaining and Installment Balance are calculated fields which are configured to have a single decimal place. When I look at the list, I may see 3.5 for Days remaining, but in the email, it returns: 3.50000000000000.

All other list field types are either number, choice or people and return accurate information.

 

Please help!

 

 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the suggestion. This did help resolve the problem with the emailed date; however, I'm still stuck with the numbers. Anyone know how I can drop all the trailing zeros?

View solution in original post

Regular Visitor

Found a solution to my plight. I coverted my float to a string and dropped the trailing zeros using the formula from this post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Removing-the-last-character-in-the-string...

 

Of course, I changed the '1' to '12' to remove all the zeros I was contending with. Hope that works for you @

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @ww_workflows, I think it's because of the timezone difference. You are getting the date values from SharePoint in UTC timezone. Please use the 'Convert time zone' action to convert the date to the required time zone. Hope this helps! 

Thanks for the suggestion. This did help resolve the problem with the emailed date; however, I'm still stuck with the numbers. Anyone know how I can drop all the trailing zeros?

View solution in original post

Regular Visitor

Found a solution to my plight. I coverted my float to a string and dropped the trailing zeros using the formula from this post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Removing-the-last-character-in-the-string...

 

Of course, I changed the '1' to '12' to remove all the zeros I was contending with. Hope that works for you @

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (33,631)