cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow run is stuck

I have a flow that has been running successfully for months now. 

Currently when I check the run history for running flows, it doesn't show the clock next to the condition step it's on. 

Almost as if is is stuck on a step. Sometime it runs fine, sometimes it keeps running with no end.

See screenshot.Stuck_Flow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

You configure Create an approval in the If yes branch and Start and wait for an approval action in the If no branch, which will produce different results.

The role of Create an approval action is to create an approval request and send an approval email.

The role of Start and wait for an approval action is not only to create an Approval request, it will also wait for the user's response, so only after this request is completed, you can check the Flow run history in Condition 4.

Hope that makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi!

Can you share a screenshot with more flow details, so we can see how you set up both 'Initialize variable' and 'Condition 4'?

Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@efialttes Hi,

So this is what the section of the flow looks like; it is basically a 3 approval process. 

this is what is looks like: the initialised variable is just email strings that I use later. The problem is I can't open condition 4 while the flow is running. which I could do normally before.

Stuck_Flow_4_LI.jpg

Then here is a screenshot of when it operates a normal.

Stuck_Flow_2_LI.jpg

Hi again!

Does it get blocked always when taking the false branch? I mean you have 'Approval' procedures in both branchs

You can verify which branch your flow is taking by inspecting 'Product...' dynamic content value, by checking the outputs of the trigger or the action block it belongs to

Or.. by adding a dummy Compose action block just before the Condition and assigning 'Product...' dynamic content as its input

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @Anonymous ,

You configure Create an approval in the If yes branch and Start and wait for an approval action in the If no branch, which will produce different results.

The role of Create an approval action is to create an approval request and send an approval email.

The role of Start and wait for an approval action is not only to create an Approval request, it will also wait for the user's response, so only after this request is completed, you can check the Flow run history in Condition 4.

Hope that makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,849)