cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karl1051
Frequent Visitor

Flow sometimes not emailing correct Dynamic Content

I have a flow that sends out an email everything a new item is added to a list. For the most part it works fine but sometimes the email will incorrectly display the dynamic content to something that was never entered.

So we have a column called Request Title, with the correct data being input into the list (i.e. request new server), but on the email sent out by PowerAutomate, it would be defaulted to either "Test purpose: Test form #107" or "Group Standard Connectivity1". This is a big issue that breaks the process as we now cannot trust the requests coming through to have correct data, does anyone know a fix to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @karl1051 ,

If you want to get the data contained in a single item, you should use Get item action instead of Get items action.

You could directly configure the ID output by the trigger in the Get item action.

Like:

69.PNG

Please try using the Get item action to reconfigure Flow.

In addition, you can share the specific configuration of Flow so that we can analyze other causes of this issue.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@karl1051 could you post a screenshot of your flow please to help us understand what might be happening.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Hi Rob, I've attached some screen grabs of the flow and highlighted the field which is sometimes wrong (I should mention it is only this field that is wrong also).

Let me know if you need any further screen grabsGet Items.PNGEntire Flow.PNGSend an Email.PNG

Hi @karl1051 ,

If you want to get the data contained in a single item, you should use Get item action instead of Get items action.

You could directly configure the ID output by the trigger in the Get item action.

Like:

69.PNG

Please try using the Get item action to reconfigure Flow.

In addition, you can share the specific configuration of Flow so that we can analyze other causes of this issue.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hey Rob,

It seems someone else on the team has fixed the issue, thanks for your assistance however!

I'll post their fix here when I see it myself

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (60,454)