cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vradley
Frequent Visitor

Flow takes 5 minutes from trigger when condition is there

Hi,

I am building a flow where the trigger is "When a new channel message is added". After the trigger I put a condition there, where it verifies whether the message posted in the channel is equal to "Create project". If yes, the flow will post an adaptive card to the channel and wait for a response. 

Between the message being added and the adaptive card appearing it can sometimes take up to 5 minutes. If I perform a test, there is no lag time at all. What is the reason and how can I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
thjeffri
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi vradley,

This might be expected, depending on what kind of license you are using.  Many automatic triggers, including the one you mentioned, use a polling interval.  This means that instead of running instantaneously, the trigger condition is checked on a scheduled basis.

You can see your polling interval by selecting your trigger, clicking the ellipsis (...) icon, and selecting "Peek code".  You should see a "recurrence" tag which tells you the polling interval:

thjeffri_0-1598298090186.png

I don't know the specifics, but Power Automate Per User and Per Flow plans should have a smaller recurrence interval.

Please let me know if this helps.

Tom

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (76,716)