cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webbrewer
Helper V
Helper V

Flow that updates a site page field fails because page is checked out

I'm using a yes/no field that this flow changes to yes, to ensure the flow doesn't loop. The flow runs fine but fails if the page is checked out because in that state the yes/no field can't be updated. I can't control whether users have a page checked in or out at run time. The "require check out before editing" option is off, so there's a either bug or just a flawed design that's causing the page to be checked out when editing.

Can I just use the check file in action before the other actions, or should I check the page's status first? If I need to check the page's checked in status, what do I put in the condition to do that? And if a user has the page open for editing and checked out, will the check in action work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you again for your assistance. I ended up adding another condition that checks if the "checked out user" doesn't equal "null" and if true, triggers the "check in item" action, then moves to the second condition. If false, it skips to the 2nd condition, so it does the job.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @webbrewer,

You could use an Send HTTP request to SharePoint to retrieve the CheckOutUserId value of the item. If it is empty the file won't be checked out.

Below is an example.

_api/web/lists/getbytitle('site pages')/items(17)?$select=FileLeafRef,CheckoutUserId

checkoutuserid.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Thank you again for your assistance. I ended up adding another condition that checks if the "checked out user" doesn't equal "null" and if true, triggers the "check in item" action, then moves to the second condition. If false, it skips to the 2nd condition, so it does the job.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,562)