cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Logee
Frequent Visitor

Flow to populate look up field based on text field

Hello All,

I am working on 2 entities. 1st is Contact (Renamed as Donor) and 2nd is Orders (Renamed as Donation).

On Donation entity form, I have a system mandatory look up field called “Potential Customer” and text field “Email Address”. I want to populate Potential Customer field value based on Email Address set. This operation will look for email address from contact entity and return the customer name to Potential Customer Field.

I have followed above steps but seems to something missing. Thanks in advance.

Details.PNGDonor.PNGFlow Ex.PNG

Regards,
Logee

21 REPLIES 21

@bhitchlockfcs : You are right, there are multiple records exist with same email address. As one donor can donate on number of occasions and many are recurring donors. So, with the help of this flow we need to assign Contact based on email address as a unique record for data analysis purpose i.e., How much donation particular donor donated so far, etc.

With regards to Array, I am not sure how to write code as I am not technical person if you can enlighten me please. 

Hi @Logee 

Use the Initialize Variable action to create a variable of type array.

In the No branch you create an Append to Array action and in the Value add the reference to the current record. 

At the very end add a Compose action and insert your array variable (if you want to see the result in the flow run) or add a Send Email  action and put the variable in the body. It will be ugly but at least you can see which items had multiple results.

Have you looked at merging the duplicate records? That would eliminate the issue of choosing which one to link 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (62,266)