cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adar
Level: Powered On

Flow trigger takes time (MS Forms)

Hi!

i create basic flow, everything is working but the problem is that its take a lot of time.

after i submit the form it take about an hour to trigger the flow. its a Hugh problem for me because i use the form to alert on problems that occurs on our system and this form need to trigger dashboard that need to show in real time which system we have malfunction.

hopw you can help me.

Thanks

Adar

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow trigger takes time (MS Forms)

Hi Adar,

It is a known issue that the trigger “Microsoft Forms – When a response is submitted” will take a long time to trigger a flow.

We have reported this issue. Teams are working on this issue, but we don’t have an ETA.

I am always keeping an eye on this issue.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is still an issue, 15 months later. Highly frustrating, especially coupled with the limited support.

Any closer to even coming up with an ETA on when this will be fixed?

Adar

Hi Mabel!  

as i read and get deeper and deeper i cant understand how company like Microsoft cant fix it after 15 months.

they really work on it?  

if its not fix soon i am afried that we need to choose diffrent mathode.

Thanks

Adar

ChristianZZ

I am also trying this trigger - and sometimes it works and sometimes not. Will it eventuall trigger for all responses? Or how long does it take? At the moment I am waiting for most reponses - some trigger, some do not until now.

But as long as every response will trigger the workflow within a day, it would be fine in our use case.

Any ideas?

Jake_m
Level: Power Up

I'm trying to use MS Forms hooked up with Flow and am in disbelief that the flow isn't triggered when the form submits.  Does Flow check for form submissions as a scheduled task?  If so, why does MS not tell us how often its checked?  Maybe the Flow team needs to do a quick Google search on 'Web Services', this is ridiculous.

-Jake

MichaelYB
Level: Power Up

It is mid 2018, and I had to cancel a Flow because new MS Form response was not triggering immediate notification to group email list as my Flow detailed. It took ~55 minutes for the Flow to execute and deliver automated email..

Chris_C

Ok, I have just been starting to notice this with a few of the Forms based Flows we are setting up. I thought I had just messed something up after I modified one, was asking myself what did you do? Apparently this is a known issue since back in 2017. So I was figuring it was fixed. Since your response is pretty current, I will take this as still being an issue, and note that I am not going crazy. Apperently my Flow is fine. Smiley Very Happy It's just Forms are still a problem.

charger85

I am seeing 15 minute trigger times against a SharePoint list. It's not an hour, but it's kind of embarassing to demo a process to a client so they can see how it all runs and have to sit and chat about the weather for 10 minutes while the flow kicks off. I have noticed that if I put the flow in test mode and then kick off the trigger, it fires right away. At least there's that. Still not ideal, but hey. Maybe it works that way in Forms as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,148)