cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarrenPlant
Helper II
Helper II

Flow was working not gone mad posting flowbots & emails, need help to diagnose/fix

1. User fills in form

2. Add input from form to new line in excel [Issue here, for some reason it is adding two rows with same content?]

3. Based on new line in excel, I do "Apply to Each" with "value" which I assume is incorrect. [This seems to run through all the rows in the excel and send me a flowbot for each row, which a present is 163 rows, hence flowbot going mad!]

4. Have condition if region equals Asia, do this, or if Americas, do this, or if Europe, do this [The 'do this' is send flowbot to specific user]

Please advise, thanks

DarrenPlant_0-1644416613032.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DarrenPlant 

1.Is the Form built from an excel sheet (ie "insert", "form")?

If yes, the reason for adding 2 rows could be that the Form itself was adding one row and the flow another. 

If no, Can you see the two same rows creations in the running history? If you can see them, it means the Flow was fired twice; If you can't see them, maybe there is some wrong happened on the "Add a row into a table" action, you could delete the action then recreate a new one to try.

2. Do you want to decide the following process based on the value of the field in this new row? You can directly select the value to be judged from the dynamic content of Add a row into a table action without adding List rows present in a table action.

vLilyWmsft_0-1644544334532.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my reply helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DarrenPlant
Helper II
Helper II

1. Yes, I can see that now.  When user fills in the form it writes to excel sheet with new row.  So I don't need another 'add row to table' action.  Do I even need to read the response from the form, surely I should just perform an action upon 'when new row added to table'?

2. No, I just want to know of new row added, then inform via flowbot  with the data from the row in an adaptive card, to right user based on the content of column 'region' where choices were: Americas, APAC, EMEA.

Hi @DarrenPlant 

Since your new row data comes from the Form's response, why don't you just use the Form's response to fill your adaptive card?

Best Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,239)