cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Durrans
Level: Powered On

Flow won't complete once started, just runs endlessly

I have what should be a rather straightforward flow that auto-runs every day at the same time, gets certain types of document from a SharePoint library, checks the expiry date against today's date and updates another column to say 'EXPIRED' if today's date is greater than the expiry date.

When I run the flow, it runs fine and updates the columns for the relevant files. However it never stops! I did one test yesterday and it was running for 16 hours straight and it didn't even finish. There are over 1000 files in the library, 683 of which, according to the flow run, match the filter query I have set in the Get files (properties only) step. I don't know if it should be taking this long.

My flow steps are as below:

SP Expired 1.PNG

In the Today's date compose step I have formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyyMMdd')

In the Get files (properties only) step I have set Limit Columns by View to a view without folders to see if it would speed the retrieval of files up but it makes no difference either way.

SP Expired 2.PNG

In the Expiry date compose step I have

formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each_record_returned_in_Contractor_Information_Point')['Date_x0020_of_x0020_Review'],'yyyyMMdd'). I needed to compose this instead of taking it straight from the SharePoint column so the formats would match.
SP Expired 3.PNG
It's the Apply to each record returned in Contractor Information Point step that never completes in the flow run. I assume there must be something wrong with the Get files (properties only) step but any help would be gladly appreciated! 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow won't complete once started, just runs endlessly

Hi @Durrans,

Could you also share a screenshot of your flow run details?

I have made a flow to test this issue according to your description, it just run successfully within a short time.

1.PNG

I don’t have more than 1000 files to test this issue, not sure if it is caused by the number of files.

Please cancel the current flow run then resubmit it to see if it will work.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Durrans
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

Not sure what I did to make it work but I got this working a few days ago, thank-you for your reply though!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Durrans,

Thanks for updating. I am glad to hear that it is working for you now.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 64 members 3,722 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: