cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flow works and stops working sometimes - Error on Update a Row

Hi

I have a flow that checks a spreadsheet for a column that has 'send email', it then runs for each row that it found with 'send email', changes the status to 'sending' using update a row, then there is a switch to send a specific email based on the template selected in a drop down on the spreadsheet. There is then another update a row to change the status to 'Email Sent'.

I have a unique number for each row in the spreadsheet, however sometimes when trying to 'update a row' I get an error that the system can't find the unique number in the spreadsheet. Sometimes I will do absolutely nothing, the flow will try to run a few times and then just work?

After playing around I found that sometimes it looks like cells with formulas are showing up as "" (empty cells) when running the flow. The Unique number is created by a formula so could that be the issue?

Error: No row was found with Id 'HMFM200012'.
clientRequestId: dddd2632-3be3-4046-a621-e9b40f3d8455

Screenshots:

Error2.PNG

Error 3.PNG

  

Example where it looks like the cells that have formulas are showing as blank:

Error.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow works and stops working sometimes - Error on Update a Row

Hi @Brandon-Rose,

Where is the Excel file store? If it stored in the OneDrive, it will have a delay time to update after it was modified. So it's recommended that store the file in the SharePoint library.

And it's recommended that update a row not use the calculated column as key column. Sometimes calculate columns can't return values from List Rows present in a table action.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hi

Thanks for your response!

The file is stored in SharePoint Library. Do you know if there is anything I could use instead of the update a row? I don't understand why it works sometimes as desired, but then randomly doesn't work sometimes?

Most of the information in the row is formulas, do you know if there is any work around I could try? Could it be an bug that needs to be reported to Microsoft? It seams unusual that they would a have a feature that only works sometimes.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brandon-Rose,

There is currently no alternative to update row in Flow, some times it couldn't work is caused by the key-value couldn't find, such as some column with expression. Some formulas are not supported show up when using List rows present in a table action. As a workaround, you could store these data into the SharePoint list, it supports calculate columns and issues less than Excel connector.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (7,280)