cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colin_Davis
Frequent Visitor

Flow works for the creator but not after its shared

I have built a flow that works perfectly fine for me. But as soon as I share it with my team they are getting a 404 error.

It happens on the first action when the flow tries to connect to their Outlook account.

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 1.41.04 PM.png

Any ideas? Am I sharing it wrong? I have tried exporting as .zip, and sharing by adding owners. Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Mabel,

So after some troubleshooting I figured out the problem, and it seems that it's actually in the source code of Flow itself. I'll try to explain it the best as possible...

The first action is "When and email it flagged", the default folder for this action to monitor on is the users Inbox, I'll call this the "Defualt Folder" for the rest of this post.

If I NEVER CHANGE that Deafult INBOX folder in that first action and then build the flow as needed everything works as expected. I can then share the flow whether by exporting a .zip package or adding a co-worker as an owner, or making it a team flow, and have no issues. 

Now if I change the Default INBOX folder in the first action (When an Email is Flagged) from INBOX to anything else (Sent Items, Drafts, etc.) it will run perfectly fine on my account (I am the creator of the flow) but if I share it, in anyway, with anyone, the very first action will get the error above. Even if I change the Default INBOX Folder to something else and BACK TO Inbox it gets an error when it is shared. But again I can change it to anything on and it runs fine on my account, but only my account. Its almost like whatever the code is changed in the flow when switching that folder writes itself in such a way that when shared it breaks. (I have not had time to delve into what that code is as of yet)

Here's where it gets really weird. Once I share the working flow (with the Default INBOX Folder NEVER changed) and another user makes a copy on their account then changes the folder themselves, it works fine. 

TL;DR: you cant change the first action folder and share the finished flow. It breaks. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Colin_Davis,

How did you share the flow? Have you shared the flow as Owners?

Can your co-workers check the shared flow under Teams flows?

You mentioned that you have tried exporting the flow, have your co-workers imported with their own connections?

Here is a blog about how to share with office 365 groups, please check it at here:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/share-with-sharepoint-office-365/

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Mabel,

So after some troubleshooting I figured out the problem, and it seems that it's actually in the source code of Flow itself. I'll try to explain it the best as possible...

The first action is "When and email it flagged", the default folder for this action to monitor on is the users Inbox, I'll call this the "Defualt Folder" for the rest of this post.

If I NEVER CHANGE that Deafult INBOX folder in that first action and then build the flow as needed everything works as expected. I can then share the flow whether by exporting a .zip package or adding a co-worker as an owner, or making it a team flow, and have no issues. 

Now if I change the Default INBOX folder in the first action (When an Email is Flagged) from INBOX to anything else (Sent Items, Drafts, etc.) it will run perfectly fine on my account (I am the creator of the flow) but if I share it, in anyway, with anyone, the very first action will get the error above. Even if I change the Default INBOX Folder to something else and BACK TO Inbox it gets an error when it is shared. But again I can change it to anything on and it runs fine on my account, but only my account. Its almost like whatever the code is changed in the flow when switching that folder writes itself in such a way that when shared it breaks. (I have not had time to delve into what that code is as of yet)

Here's where it gets really weird. Once I share the working flow (with the Default INBOX Folder NEVER changed) and another user makes a copy on their account then changes the folder themselves, it works fine. 

TL;DR: you cant change the first action folder and share the finished flow. It breaks. 

View solution in original post

Hi @Colin_Davis,

Thanks for sharing the detailed info.

I am glad to hear that you have figured out the issue.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GabrielStJohn
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hey, @Colin_Davis!

Thank you for posting to the Flow Community Forum! It appears you have found a solution to your issue! If you feel as though your issue has been solved and you are satisfied with one of the previous replies, please click "Accept as Solution" on the reply that contains the solution so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,520)