cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
augustine2
Level: Powered On

Flows running that are not in My FLows or in Solutions

I have flows that are sending emails to a user group when an Planner task has been completed.

The e-mails are being send from my current flow and from an older flow does not appear on My Flows or in existing Solutions (two e-mails are being sent).  I know that because the subject and body of the emails are different.  I need to find the older flow and delete it.  Where else are flows being stored other than My Flows and Solutions?  

11 REPLIES 11
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Flows running that are not in My FLows or in Solutions

Have you checked Team Flows and Business Process Flows tabs too?  Flows that have been shared will show up in Team flows instead of My Flows.

The other possibility is that their are existing instances running from a flow that you deleted.  I'm not sure how you can find them after you delete the flow definition.  But they will stop eventually when the instance times out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
augustine2

Thanks for the response.  They are not in Teams or Business Process Flows. 

"The other possibility is that their are existing instances running from a flow that you deleted" - I did not know that was possible.  

augustine2

So, I look in all activity, I see some of the flows that are running.  When click on one of them to delete.  It says "workflow With Id = 0c1f9ed7-05ed-e911-a812-000d3a300a53 Does Not Exist

Deleted flow.png

augustine2

Again, this flow GPM_067... is currently not in My Flows, Team Flows or solutions.  I believe this flow was deleted.  But according to the activity, it was running as of 2 hours ago.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

What shows up in the Flow tabs are the flow definitions.  What you are finding is the flow instances.  Instances that were previously started continue to run even after the definition is deleted.  As I said, I'm not sure there is a way to delete them manually after the definitions have been deleted.

augustine2

@Pstork1- Thank you much. 

There has to be a better way.  I duplicates emails being sent out, Planner tasks being created with different due dates. 

It sucks for us.  Not good at all.

augustine2

I mean we have multiple flows running in the background that were previously deleted and we can't stop them from running.  And there is nothing we can do about it?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Understood, but I'm not sure there is anything you can do at this point other than get support involved.  Assuming there is a next time, just make sure you delete all the running instances before deleting the definition.

augustine2

Ok - Thank you very much.  Will contact support.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @augustine2 

There is one other thing you can try out in the meanwhile: 

If you do not have many flows, export the one that you are currently using. Then follow the steps: 

rrwe.PNG

If you exactly know the flow name that is causing the issue, then you can directly use the delete flow action, select the environment and the flow and delete it. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

augustine2

Thank you for you response.  Unfortunately I have over 30 instances of flows that have deleted running in the background.  I tried to add condition action inside Apply To Each, where if Value contains CLW_, then delete flows.  But, I was not successful.  I wish there was a way to delete multiple flows, instead one by one as your flow example shows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,781)