cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Flows send an email for sharepoint list overdue items and about to expire.

Hi I have this flow that use to work pretty good, or that's what I though.. It is supposed to filter sharepoint list items that are overdue or 30 days about to expire and send an email, for this I have column with name "Due Date" (date format). I used the following condition to filter this "Due Date is less or equal to addDays(utcNow(), 30).  But I dont know why the flow has been ignoring some items that are overdue, the flow runs succesfully but when I check on the details it shows the following: In the Condition action: ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied. The execution of template action 'Condition' skipped: the branching condition for this action is not satisfied. In the send an email action: ActionDependencyFailed. The execution of template action 'Enviar_correo_electrónico_(V2)' is skipped: dependant action 'Condition' completed with status 'Skipped' and code 'ActionSkipped'.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Flows send an email for sharepoint list overdue items and about to expire.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

The reason you are getting that error is because for whatever reason you are not meeting the condition requirements. You can always set up variables or composes to check to see what values are getting passed to your condition so you can double check what is being passed to the condition. Without seeing your flow or your flow runs I am not certain where the issue is. I would double check the variables being passed to the condition and if you are still having issues to create a ticket with Microsoft Support. I'll include a link below; if you would like to go down that route. 

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@alrez 

Hi,

Where and how should I use that variable or compose action? 

Here is a general view of the flow:

2020-05-25_17h17_13.png

Closer look:

2020-05-08_11h12_57.png

And here is a look of the issues I'm getting:

2020-05-08_10h14_08.png

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Steph04 

The reason that you're having the issue is that your date formats don't match.

Change your expression to the following:  

addDays(utcNow(),30,'yyyy-MM-dd')
An even better solution would be to eliminate your condition and add an OData Filter.
You won't need to the condition because only the items that meet your criteria will
be returned.
See my example below. Note the single quotes. My expression is documented
in the comments area.
image.png

One last point - Get items will only return 100 items by default. You can have it return
up to 5000 items by clicking on settings for the Get items action changing
it per my screen shot.
image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @ScottShearer 

I did what you said but I think it is looking for the items that overdue exactly in 30 days (June 25).

I would like it to filter the items that are about to expire within the next 30 days and the ones that are already overdue, I was using this expression: less than or equals addDays(utcNow(), 30) and it was working, it was getting the items within the next 30 days but I dont know why it is just taking the current month overdue items and ignoring the other month's overdue items.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (8,440)