cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wreched83

Form submission data collection

Dear All,

I wanted to build a flow which will collect the information from users email and generate automatic email reply. Along with that id like it to store the info in sharepoint in an excel sheet. 

1) User submits form

2) User gets automatic email saying the email has been received

3) The task of form is created and emailed to the DL group

4) Form submission is saved in sharpoint in an excel format

4) Respond to the email and user gets reply

5) Once replied task should close

Thanks in advance hopefully this is some that can be accomplished. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wreched83 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to gather form response and create task as well as inform user via email. I understanding the first 4 steps and create flow overview for you. Please check first.

v-duann-msft_1-1616651002628.png

However, I’m confused about your last two requests.

4) Respond to the email and user gets reply

Which email to response ? What do you mean by user gets reply? What’s the reply ?

5) Once replied task should close

What do you mean by task close? Do you mean task completed ? Who reply ? Reply to what ? Do you mean user manually reply or some automate reply setting ?

By the way, may I know your form settings to make sure no special kind of data inside.

If I can confirm for information above, I should be able to create the whole flow for you.

Hope to hear form you soon.

Best regards,

Anna

Hey Anna,

Thank you so much for the reply and flow it looks fantastic. So to those questions my group would reply to the auto generated email that was sent to them and it would essentially complete the task. 

So here is what I am envision if at all possible, our form is a billing inquiry form. When the submitter fills the form out he/she will receive an auto generated email, along with our team getting an email but id like the list of questions in the body if possible and a task to be created. From there Id like the questions to be in excel and stored in sharepoint, once someone in the group replies back to that email would it be possible for the task to show as completed? 

As for the special dates, I only add what is on the form, I am using microsoft forms and they have the date option there if that is what you were referring to? 

Thank you again for all the help!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,807)