cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awconlon
Regular Visitor

Forms Email Notification

I have a simple Power Automate: 

-When a new response is submitted: Form id: Deliveries (name of Microsoft form)

- Get response details: Form Id: Deliveries, Response Id: Response Id

- Send an email (v2): To: my email address, Subject: test, Body: test

I've tried using templates to do this and creating it by myself, all with the same idea behind it. I have yet to get an email sent to my work or personal email address. The Microsoft Form that we have is a deliveries form, where our delivery team details what item was delivered, and I want an email to be sent out to all important parties a summary of said delivery. For now I am just trying to get it to send the simple email. I've tried Choosing the action/operation to be with Office 365 Outlook, and also Mail, to no avail. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
awconlon
Regular Visitor

I ended up testing a whole new form with all of the same processes and it works. I created the original form within a group (of which I am the owner and a member), so I don't know if that was a part of the problem, but I am all good now. I appreciate all of the help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @awconlon ,

Can you share a screenshot of your flow?  If you go into the flow history, does the flow and action run successfully and without errors (there should be a green tick).  

If you go into the Sent folder of the connection that is sending the email, is the email there?  Also, have you checked it's not in any junk/spam folders?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

awconlon
Regular Visitor

awconlon_0-1634655007416.png

Can you share a screenshot of your flow? Done. See above.

If you go into the flow history, does the flow and action run successfully and without errors (there should be a green tick).  I'm not sure where flow history is. I see Flow checker and it says there are zero errors and warnings.

If you go into the Sent folder of the connection that is sending the email, is the email there? There are no emails there resembling something related to this flow.

Also, have you checked it's not in any junk/spam folders? No.

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @awconlon ,

You could see the flow run history here.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1634711871347.png

And did you submit a form after creating the flow?

The flow is triggered when the form is submitted.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Wearsky,

There is nothing in the run history. I've tried to do about a dozen different versions of this same flow with all dozens of submissions with my deliveries form from different computers and I have yet to see anything show up in any of the flows run histories. 

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I am at a loss.

Andrew

ninjaryder1st
Helper IV
Helper IV

I'm curious to learn more about who completes the actual Form, noting M Forms as settings for who can see/use the form like "only me, only people within my org, and public"..    Might want to check the Form settings and that is is functioning because its the trigger for your flow. 

Have you tried completing a new form submission yourself to test the trigger for the above flow?  

I just built it and it works ok for me noted by the green check marks. 

ninjaryder1st_2-1634763396904.png

I can't explain why the email won't send, other than the flow is not being triggered.

If your flow run review is empty (ie: no flows ran), this points to the trigger not working or that the flow is not picking up a new form submission, or that a a form has not yet been submitted, and might want to submit your own form response.  

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ninjaryder1st ,

2 Questions:

1\ Did you choose the right form and submit it?

2\ Did you turn on you flow?

vxiaochenmsft_0-1634778936106.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

awconlon
Regular Visitor

I ended up testing a whole new form with all of the same processes and it works. I created the original form within a group (of which I am the owner and a member), so I don't know if that was a part of the problem, but I am all good now. I appreciate all of the help.

View solution in original post

@awconlon 

It may have been part of the issue, if you didn't create flow connections to the group where the form was created/housed.  Usually PowerAutomate asks for this when you create a flow, but you can assign flow permissions to "connect" to that group where the Form was built.  

ninjaryder1st_0-1634920410689.png

Its likely working now because the Form was build under your Microsoft account, and it automatically given "connection" or permission to your flow.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,765)