cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RSNZ
Level: Powered On

Forms Trigger - Flows in tracker report they're running even though they've supposedly completed.

I have created a flow that triggers off "Forms - When a new response is submitted" and runs through an apply to each which uses the Forms List of Responses. This runs through an approval and creates a sharepoint item in a list/send an email or sends an email depending on the approval outcome.

The approver tells me that he has received the approvals and approved them, i've checked and it definitely looks like sharepoint items have been created but the flow tracker shows them as still running and not even having started the approval process. I cannot find any errors, my connector is reporting as OK, the flows are simply showing as waiting to start the Apply to Each section. Has anyone experienced something similar? Images of flow tracker and individual flow progress below.

image.pngimage.png

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Forms Trigger - Flows in tracker report they're running even though they've supposedly completed

Hi @RSNZ,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow, especially the configuration Approval by HSE Manager?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Image reference:

25.PNG

The flow works successfully as below:

26.PNG

You could try to resubmit it and feel free reply back if issue still exist.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
RSNZ
Level: Powered On

Re: Forms Trigger - Flows in tracker report they're running even though they've supposedly completed

Hi Barry, Thanks for your reply. I could resubmit them but i'm trying to figure out why the tracking doesn't seem to be registering that they have finished the run through. I could understand them being held up if a connector was broken or something but both creating the sharepoint item and sending the email required an active connector or they would've failed with 401. Both of these steps have definitely completed.

The flow definitely has worked as the form has 27 submissions on it and ~80% of them have run through and tracked as suceeded.

Some of the historical runs did seem to update the status in the flow tracker a little bit slowly when i was monitoring them (i.e. Approval completed(email sent, sp list item created) but it shows as running for another 2 days before it finally ticks over to succeeded. Full flow posted below

flo.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,786)