cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gigglelizard

Forward Emails From Outlook To A Group Email Address

I have created a Flow that will forward an email from my mailbox (based on subject line) to the email address of a Microsoft Group.  

The Flow runs successfully, according to the logs, but the group never receives the email.  

When I enter a person's email address, the rule runs without issue.

Why doesn't the forward to the Group email address work?

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

Could you post a screen shot of your Flow? 

Take a look at the Forward email action in a successful Flow run - is the "to:" address the correct address for your Office group?

I just ran a number of tests and everything worked as designed when forwarding an email to an Office Group from my email account.

FlowForwardEmail.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ gigglelizard,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please explain more about the Microsoft Group that you forward the email to? Is it a Office 365 group?

I have made a test on my side, when send an email to a Office 365 group,the flow would run successfully, however,the group members never receives the email as you said.

Could you please take a try to forward the email to Distribution list group or Mail-enabled security group?

I have made a test on my side,and I have created a flow as screenshot below to test:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

And the member of Distribution list group or Mail-enabled security group could recieve the email as below:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Microsoft flow support to send an email to a Distribution list group or Mail-enabled security group currently, however,sending an email to a Office 365 group is not supported in microsoft flow currently,

If you would like this feature "send an email to a Office 365 group" to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Thanks, @v-yuazh-msft

When trying to submit the idea, I found the following thread:  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Send-email-to-an-Outlook-365-group/m-p/111422#M10...  

I looked and found that my test messages had gone into the group mailbox instead of to the recipients.

I've posted a response on that thread since they claimed it was expected behaviour.  if I send an email directly to the group email address from Outlook, it goes to the members, not the group mailbox, so I think it's more of a bug.

Liz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (96,030)