cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

'From (Send as)' on behalf of co-owners of Flow

I have a Flow that sends an email when a SharePoint list item is created. The Flow's 'Send an email' action is configured to send as the creator of the SharePoint item (I've also assigned all item creators as co-owners of the Flow). However, the Flow fails when anyone other than me creates an item due to: "You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account."

When I leave the 'From (Send as)' as blank, every email is sent from me (as the original owner of the Flow). I know that one workaround to all this is to assign 'Send on behalf' permissions in the admin center, but is there a way to not have me as the email sender every time an item is created? If not the item creator, then at least 'Microsoft Flow' as the sender?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: 'From (Send as)' on behalf of co-owners of Flow

@user180618 the Send an email (v2) will always send from you as the creator of the flow if you haven't set the Send As. You can use the "Send an email notification (v3) to have email sent by Microsoft Power Apps and Flow. But be aware that connector can only send 100 emails in any 24 hours period.

In my company we now use a separate service/shared mailbox to send flow from and use the "Send an email from a shared mailbox" action.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@user180618 the Send an email (v2) will always send from you as the creator of the flow if you haven't set the Send As. You can use the "Send an email notification (v3) to have email sent by Microsoft Power Apps and Flow. But be aware that connector can only send 100 emails in any 24 hours period.

In my company we now use a separate service/shared mailbox to send flow from and use the "Send an email from a shared mailbox" action.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@user180618 

I agree with the comments made by @RobElliott but would like to suggest an alternative.  Try using the Send an email notification action (it has a green icon).  It allows you to send email that will be sent from "PowerApps or Power Automate" rather than from the connection used.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (8,067)