cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
DougL
Level: Powered On

Get Item & Update Item Errors out that the property Title Does Not Exist

This doesn't make any sense. I'm passing the SharePoint List Item ID value in with a HTTP Request.

 

I then use that to get the item in question.

 

I then call an Update Item on the same exact item...

 

The flow is erroring out that one of the fields is not set? How can it not be set if its the same item? (For the record there is a value set for Title for this particular item.)

 

flows.png

 

Flow Details:
Default-11e59e90-e22d-42af-a412-8de5b1be826e/flows/ddc93ae1-7f05-4d37-973e-440387c2969e

 

 

3 REPLIES 3
DougL
Level: Powered On

Re: Get Item & Update Item Errors out that the property Title Does Not Exist

This definitely appears to be a bug.

 

If I go into the Expressions section of the Title field in the Update Sharepoint and enter an expression with the Title in it I see the representation of the Title is:

body('Get_item')['Title']

However, the ID field which is working is represented as:

body('Get_item')?['ID']
As a result I removed the default representative of the Title and inserted it as an expression instead as:
body('Get_item')?['Title']
 

If I then save my flow and execute it it now errors out on the next field.

 

If I then edit the flow again, my Title field has changed from the Purple of the expression over to the default Blue/SharePoint icon; as if it was the default drag/drop for that value.

I'm going to try swapping out the remaining values to expressions with the ? within it and see if this works around the issue. However, someone at Microsoft probably wants to review this bug to get it fixed.

DougL
Level: Powered On

Re: Get Item & Update Item Errors out that the property Title Does Not Exist

Okay, still looks like a bug, but it might be a different type of bug.

 

I looked closer at the Input from SharePoint GetItem and it looks like that is returning way more than 1 entry. 

 

That's probably what the ? or not ? means (One is an array, one is not an array).

 

In any case, it seems that GetItem should error out if it returns more than one item, because that implies that the item id is not correct / not working right. 

 

I'm working through the input now, but I'm assuming the item id isn't somehow being passed for some reason.

DougL
Level: Powered On

Re: Get Item & Update Item Errors out that the property Title Does Not Exist

ugg, tried to troubleshoot by adding some compose entries, but those just crash everything :-P. 

 

crash.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,870)