I have a flow that is triggered when a form is submitted. As part of this flow, it takes the "Respondent's Email" and uses the flow action "Get User Profile V2" to extract the "Given Name" property from email address. This name is then used to send custome emails.
This flow had been working fine for during our trial and development phase. For some reason, it has just stopped at this step; "Get User Profile V2". I am getting the "Access Denied" error even if I submit the form myself.
I am no expert in flow or sharepoint. Could someone please explain what could possibly be the reason for it to suddenly fall on its back.
Hi @zainee ,
I have made some tests, however, the issue could not be reproduced. The action Get user profile (V2) returns proper user profile info for all the users within the organization.
During your trial, the flow was working fine. Have you made any changes on it after the trial? Please share a screen shot on your flow.
Further, please check your permission under Azure AD.
The following doc for your reference:
Further, I have seen a similar issue reported at here, please check it for a reference as well:
Many thanks for replying to my question.
Nothing had been changed in the flow from the time it was working to the time it broke down. I am attaching the screenshot with this message.
It definitly has something something to do with permissions as there is a clear message in the error as well. Unfortunately the permissions are handled by our infrastructure team and so far that has not been a successful avenue for me.
Would you be kind enough to tell me what permissions my account requires to fetch these details please so that I can get back to my infra team with that information.
Once again, many thanks for your help.
Hi @zainee ,
Do you get this error message for all the users?
Are they external or internal users?
Please check if the following thread will be helpful:
Thanks for your message.
Yes, it fails for every user who submits a form and subsequently their email address is used in the action. Every time, it is the same error being generated for all users.
Hi @zainee ,
I have seen a similar thread on Flow Forum at here:
Please try if the way ThomasS suggested will work for you.
Hi @v-yamao-msft ,
Thank you for your reply.
I actually have seen this article and mentioned it in my original post as well. Unfortunately issue in that post was related to SharePoint permissions.
I am still unbale to make it work. Also, I have come across another error where its a very simple workflow based on a trigger where workflow starts when a card is added to Trello. It is now constantly showing a message:
"There is a problem with the flow's trigger".
I have deleted the connection and added it again but no use. Is there a problem at the moment with this trigger as I have multiple workflows that use this trigger and all of them have stopped. Plesae see attached screenshot of the error.
Read the announcement for more information!
Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.
We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications