cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get User Profile (v2) action suddenly failing?

Hi,

I have been running a Flow that uses the 'Get User Profile (v2)' action for at least the past 6 months. Suddenly, the action is failing every time it runs. It looks like this error first occured on November 20th, did not occur for the next 2 days, but began to occur again on November 23th, and continues to occur. The Flow runs once daily. If I resubmit failed runs, they fail again.

 

The error I'm getting is 'resource not found'. Could someone tell me what that means?Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

 

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Fill in the user's email address/User principal name in the User field to get the user's related information:

15.PNG16.PNG

Could you provide screenshots and details of your Flow configuration?

It seems that the configuration of your action seems to be different from mine, although it is the same action name.

Please provide more details and we would provide a proper workaround for you.

 

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNGI don't think this will help, but here you go. As you can see, I'm using the action correctly.

Did this ever get resolved? I'm having the same issue now, a flow that was working fine is suddenly failing at get manager with no changes. 

Yes - Its a permission issue, refer to this thread


@Jessica_A wrote:

Did this ever get resolved? I'm having the same issue now, a flow that was working fine is suddenly failing at get manager with no changes. 



thread.

office365notifi
Frequent Visitor

This is also happening to me. 

In my case i am getting the person column from sharepoint list. Most of the time for most of the users i am successfully able to get the user profile details. But only for some of the users , it is failing.

I tried to investigate further and assigned the value of SharePoint person group column to a variable and tried to see how the data is rendered in the variable. 

The output is really surprising. It did not assign any value to the variable. So, i think this is the issue here. It is not able to get the email address for some of the users from the sharepoint.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,104)