Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ck25415
Post Patron
Post Patron

Get item action error route did not match error

Hello,

I have a flow action which gets item properties from a list. This action fails sometimes with error message

Route did not match clientRequestId:  serviceRequestId: 

Where should I start to resolve this error

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ck25415,

Could share more details on how is your flow created? How is the action “Get item” configured? How is the id field specified?

When using the Get item action, you could get the Id dynamic content from previous action/trigger if you have one. If not, you could enter an exact static value for the Id field. Please check the following screenshot:

1.PNG

Please show me more details to help reproduce this issue.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello mabel,

I am using get item action to get dynamic content based on previous trigger, see below image

1.JPG

Event is a lookup column in testlibrary and the source list is test and column is title. I dont see the error everytime, only 20% of the flows fail due to this error and resubmit does not fix the issue.

Can you send a screenshot of the run history?

Also, can you check what EentId is set to? You could do this by using a compose or set/initialize variable action.

I've got the feeling that as this id field is a lookup column. that you are feeding the id of the lookup and not the value of the lookup.  @ck25415 You migth want to use the value of the lookup. In the dynamic content you will find two references to your lookup column. Please pick the value one.

Hello pieter,

Event is a lookup column created in testlibrary and looks up event from the list test. From the error status code in flow analysitcs it says this a "BadRequest". Event ID is set to Event ID( I see ID and Event ID under dynamic content).

Most flows run sucessfully but a few flows fail with this error.

Thanks,

mrfishe2
Frequent Visitor

I am also getting the Route did not match error when I try to update items. The flow works until it needs to change one value for each item.

Route did not match.JPGUpdate Items fails.JPGError message.JPG

@mrfishe2 check if the inputs you are giving in the update item action macth the field type of the destination list columns

Hi!

Can you be more specific?  I don't understand the advice.

The flow was working correctly last week.  I decided to convert UTC dates / times to our local zone in friendly format.  I began receiving errors when I wanted the flow to update the items to reflect the new more useful times.  

Now, even after removing the convert time blocks, the flow still cannot update the items.

I have already sent screen shots.  Please reply with specifics of what you want me to try.

Thanks in advance!

Mary

Any further suggestions?

I have rebuilt the flow; restarted the computer. . . . but still the 'route does not match' error persists!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,998)