cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joef
Level 8

Get list of new PowerApps, Flows and Connectors

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to use the FLOW template "Get list of new PowerApps, Flows and Connectors"

I was on a webinar when this came out and it was explaned that this should email me on a daily basis to show me all new FLOW, PowerApps, or connections created in my environment for the past week.  I thought this was a great idea since there is no transparancy as an Admin to see what people are creating in my tenant.  (I may wrong, and please elborate if there are 🙂 )

I get the daily alert, but it never has any data.  I am constantly creating new PAs and FLOWs.

I am sure I did not set it properly or it would work as designed. (unless I missunderstood the intention of this template)

It is not obvious to me what if any paramters are need in any of the steps, and seems to be good to go right out of the box.

TIA,

Joe

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get list of new PowerApps, Flows and Connectors

Hi @joef ,

First, I will explain to you the usefulness of this template. It is used to get the newly created Flow, App or newly added connector in the specified time period, including custom connector.

The column displayed in HTML table is the properties in JSON Object configured in Append to array variable action.

If the Flow display runs successfully, but the HTML table is empty, there are two reasons.

1. There is really no new Flow, App or connector generated during the specified time period.
  2. No Environments to get with any of the specified API Versions.

The first problem, we can pass the value in reportingPeriod variable, it is recommended to set the value to -1, if the number is too large, Flow will appear time out.26.PNG

The second problem, we need to replace the action, Get Environments action in Power platform for Admins does not seem to get any value, no matter which API Version is set (2016-08-01, 2016-11-01, 2018-01-01 , 2018-10-01).

• Delete the original Get Environments action, replace it with PowerApps for App Makers-Get Environments, and configure the API Version according to the actual situation.
  • The displayName in Set Current Environment action selects the corresponding first Dynamic content. You could also move the mouse over the selected Dynamic content to see if it matches the image.

Image reference:27.PNG

I don't have any specific test results here. Because there is a lot of Flow and App generated every day in my tenant, it may take a long time to execute. Looking forward to the test results on your side.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @joef ,

Update-Test result:

28.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
joef
Level 8

Hi V,

I have my reporting period set to -7 so I can see a weeks worth.  We don't create that many FLOWs, but I did create a few this past week...

I am guessing the issue is with the Get Environments.

I tried all 4 version in your post and all bring back no environments.

When I check the successful run it show the Output = [ ]. 

Is there a way to know which API version I should be using for an SPO tenant?

I deleted the Get Environment task and replaced it as you suggested, It looked exactly the same, so I added the 4 versions and still the output = [ ].

Is there anything else that may need to configure? 

Since I am not getting back any results, there are no test results to show you.

Thanks again for your help,

Joe

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @joef ,

Could you share a screenshot of your Flow?

The result of my test here is correct. Today I still receive the email generated by Flow.

I noticed that Get Environments action seems to only get Environments with a Type of Production. Please check Admin Center for eligible Environments in the tenant.

Besides, the supported list of API versions for provider 'Microsoft.PowerApps' are: '2015-02-01, 2015-03-01, 2015-08-01, 2016-01-01, 2016-02-01, 2016-04-01, 2016-05-01, 2016-07-01, 2016-11-01, 2017-02-01, 2017-04-01, 2017-05-01, 2017-06-01, 2017-07-01, 2017-08-01, 2018-10-01'.

Best Regards,

joef
Level 8

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

I checked my O365 admin and my powerApps Admin centers, and I do not see where I can see my environments.  

I am not a global Admin, but I am an SPO admin.

I am not sure where I can see my powrApps role.

Too bad there is not one global admin center where we can see everything in one place.

Thanks again,

Joe

joef
Level 8

HI @v-bacao-msft,

Thanks again for trying to help, I was on the phone with MS support about this and they said I must be a Global O365 admin to get this to work.

Not sure why Microsoft would only allow Global Admins to use this, that kinda goes against the SOX seperation of duties doesn't it?  It would be the same as if I was a Domain Admin, for anything on prem.  

Would you happen to know of any other way to see what is being created in my SPO Tenant?

Thanks again,

Joe

Brice235i
Level 8

Hello, I am having the same problem.  Only a few new Flows and PowerApps are being returned.  For Flow, none of those created in our "default" environment are being returned at all?  The template is very disappointing.  I assumed it would just work!  

I did wonder if a Delay action was required in between the steps as I've found elsewhere, but I don't think it's a processing error.  I saw somewhere on this post that only environments of type "production" are returned in the results.... um... are we supposed to change our default environment to "production" from "default"?  Possibly could be permission related too.  I am SPO and Power Platform Admin, but not global admin.  Will probably raise a premiere support ticket.

joef
Level 8

The way I got around the issue with getting this template to work, is that I added our Global Admin as an owner of the FLOW, and used his creds in the get environment task.  since he is a GA, all works now.

HTH,

Joe

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (5,030)