cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
li88li
Regular Visitor

Get messages action for MS Teams

I am trying to use Get messages action in my flow inside MS Teams Power Automate plugin. 

Output of this action seems faulty. Besides actual messages that are in channel, the action returns a lot of blank messages (according to output they are system messages) and also other kind of blank messages (which are once deleted messages). Also it does not return all actual messages but only some of them with no clear reason (all the messages are simple text strings)

Does anybody else have similar problems? Are there any updates available for this action?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-chenzhi
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @li88li ,

In this 'Get message' action, there are several possibilities for the output to be empty:

1. Deleted message.

2. Unsupported content, such as 'Post message in a chat or channel', when retrieved by get message again, the display is empty.

I suggest you limit the message content to text and filter messages with empty content.

Please try the following workaround If it helps.

Edit the Filter array in advanced mode.

vchenzhi_0-1638173708120.png

@and(and(not(equals(item()?['body/content'], '')),equals(item()?['body/contentType'], 'text')),equals(item()?['body/contentType'], 'text'))

Best Regards,

Zhi Chen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-chenzhi
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @li88li ,

Could you please show more about your flow?

Where is it output and an error occurs?

I have test on my side, when I choose 'Message body content' as the output, it displays fine.

vchenzhi_0-1638153254604.png

vchenzhi_1-1638153288588.png

Best Regards,

Zhi Chen

li88li
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

I followed Reza's tutorial on weekly summary of Teams conversations step by step. My flow looks like: 

Zajeta slika.JPG

Since the email forwarding doesn't work in my case I used Post message in final step. Therefore I can also loose list group members, select 1 and join 1 as well. But the outcome is the same even if I do(below) - a lot of blank messages in the output.

Zajeta slika2.JPG

v-chenzhi
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @li88li ,

In this 'Get message' action, there are several possibilities for the output to be empty:

1. Deleted message.

2. Unsupported content, such as 'Post message in a chat or channel', when retrieved by get message again, the display is empty.

I suggest you limit the message content to text and filter messages with empty content.

Please try the following workaround If it helps.

Edit the Filter array in advanced mode.

vchenzhi_0-1638173708120.png

@and(and(not(equals(item()?['body/content'], '')),equals(item()?['body/contentType'], 'text')),equals(item()?['body/contentType'], 'text'))

Best Regards,

Zhi Chen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,455)