Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Get multiple excel file properties within a sub-folder within a main folder

Hello everyone 

I have a folder A

within A there is A1, A2, A3

within each A1, A2, A3 there are numerous of excel files

I would like to get all of the names of these excel files to a list , then after that I will use a condition to delete it base on the prefix 

What would be the best way to do this ?

So far I have 

recurrence -> list folder  . The get file properties only does not return the files within the folder so I am stuck 

Thank you very much for everyone advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Get multiple excel file properties within a sub-folder within a main folder

Hi @janebraine ,

Unfortunately, there is currently any way to achieve this requirement. This is a known limitation. If you want to get files in subfolders such a function is supported, please consider submitting your suggestions in the ideas forum:

Power Automate Ideas - Power Platform Community

Or you can create many similar Flows to get the files in the subfolders separately. But this seems to be a very complicated process.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @janebraine ,

Unfortunately, at present, we can only use Power Automate to get the files in the specified folder, but we cannot get the files in the subfolders. This is a known limitation.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

Thank you for letting me know, could you tell me more what would be your advice for resolve this flow ? Is there a way to work around it 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @janebraine ,

Unfortunately, there is currently any way to achieve this requirement. This is a known limitation. If you want to get files in subfolders such a function is supported, please consider submitting your suggestions in the ideas forum:

Power Automate Ideas - Power Platform Community

Or you can create many similar Flows to get the files in the subfolders separately. But this seems to be a very complicated process.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,875)