cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Get task's assignee email into flow

Hello Everyone,

Its is my first post, how can I get the assignee mail from a task in flow?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MohamedAYACH, welcome to the forum. An example of how to get the assignee details and send them an email is shown below.

The trigger is a Planner When a new task is created. You then add a Compose control to get the due date. I've then converted that to my local date format with the Convert time zone action

0-trigger.png

Then add an Office 365 Users Get user profile (V2)  action and you select the User Id from the dynamic content box. That will wrap itself in an apply to each which is expected.

1-Apply-Email.png

You can then send the assignee an email by selecting Mail from the Get user profile (V2) section of the dynamic content in the To field. The other information you put in the email is up to you and I've just added the title of the task and the due date  from the output of the Convert time zone action.

1a-Email.png

The result is as follows:

2-Email.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MohamedAYACH, welcome to the forum. An example of how to get the assignee details and send them an email is shown below.

The trigger is a Planner When a new task is created. You then add a Compose control to get the due date. I've then converted that to my local date format with the Convert time zone action

0-trigger.png

Then add an Office 365 Users Get user profile (V2)  action and you select the User Id from the dynamic content box. That will wrap itself in an apply to each which is expected.

1-Apply-Email.png

You can then send the assignee an email by selecting Mail from the Get user profile (V2) section of the dynamic content in the To field. The other information you put in the email is up to you and I've just added the title of the task and the due date  from the output of the Convert time zone action.

1a-Email.png

The result is as follows:

2-Email.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Perfect very helpful! I'll be playing with "when a task is assigned to me" 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (13,478)