cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MohamedAYACH
Frequent Visitor

Get task's assignee email into flow

Hello Everyone,

Its is my first post, how can I get the assignee mail from a task in flow?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Get task's assignee email into flow

Hi @MohamedAYACH, welcome to the forum. An example of how to get the assignee details and send them an email is shown below.

The trigger is a Planner When a new task is created. You then add a Compose control to get the due date. I've then converted that to my local date format with the Convert time zone action

0-trigger.png

Then add an Office 365 Users Get user profile (V2)  action and you select the User Id from the dynamic content box. That will wrap itself in an apply to each which is expected.

1-Apply-Email.png

You can then send the assignee an email by selecting Mail from the Get user profile (V2) section of the dynamic content in the To field. The other information you put in the email is up to you and I've just added the title of the task and the due date  from the output of the Convert time zone action.

1a-Email.png

The result is as follows:

2-Email.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @MohamedAYACH, welcome to the forum. An example of how to get the assignee details and send them an email is shown below.

The trigger is a Planner When a new task is created. You then add a Compose control to get the due date. I've then converted that to my local date format with the Convert time zone action

0-trigger.png

Then add an Office 365 Users Get user profile (V2)  action and you select the User Id from the dynamic content box. That will wrap itself in an apply to each which is expected.

1-Apply-Email.png

You can then send the assignee an email by selecting Mail from the Get user profile (V2) section of the dynamic content in the To field. The other information you put in the email is up to you and I've just added the title of the task and the due date  from the output of the Convert time zone action.

1a-Email.png

The result is as follows:

2-Email.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

MohamedAYACH
Frequent Visitor

Perfect very helpful! I'll be playing with "when a task is assigned to me" 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (6,052)