cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgreene42

Getting Selected User Account Does Not Exist in Tenant when trying to connect forms to my power automate flow

I am attempting to connect Microsoft Forms to my Microsoft Power Automate flow and get the following error when I try to login:

Selected user account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services' and cannot access the application '7ab7862c-4c57-491e-8a45-d52a7e023983' in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Please use a different account.

I am trying to login using chadwick@1stopbuysell.com. I have already tried using a different browser, clearing my cache and using incognito mode, all to no avail. Please help.

I have also attached a screenshot of the error below.

Screenshot 2022-08-02 111528.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The #EXT# in the user name in AD means that this is an External account and not a Work or School Account in this tenant. External users can't edit flows in a tenant.  They can execute flows, but they can't create them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

is the account you are using a Microsoft 365 Work or School Account?  Or is it a regular personal Microsoft Account? To access the Microsoft Forms connector you will need a work or school account associated with the tenant where your Power Automate license is coming from.  I suspect you are using Power Automate free rather than an Office license.

EduCon Chicago 2022

Thank you for your response. My account is a paid Microsoft 365 Personal Account that I have gone into my Azure Portal and (I thought) verified that my account was correctly setup.  Maybe the below screenshots can provide some more info.

Screenshot 2022-08-04 170227.png

Screenshot 2022-08-04 170401.png

Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The #EXT# in the user name in AD means that this is an External account and not a Work or School Account in this tenant. External users can't edit flows in a tenant.  They can execute flows, but they can't create them.

EduCon Chicago 2022

cgreene42

Thanks so much! After your first message I elected to use an alternative, organizational, account and this problem has been solved! Thanks again for all your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,694)