cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
MonkeyAb
New Member

Getting a customer account details from Fin Ops using a flow

Hi everyone,

 

First time posting so I'm hoping someone can help 🙂
I am setting up a Power Virtual Agent Chat Bot for internal use. I want to be able to request a customer account number and Power Automate to then go and search D365 Fin Ops to find that Account Number and give me back the Customer name.

I have two issues;

 

1) It throws out an error even if the account number is correct.

2) When typing in the account number it removes any leading zeros which effectively changes the account number

 

MonkeyAb_0-1669643057096.png

MonkeyAb_1-1669643147323.png

MonkeyAb_2-1669643231709.png

 

original account number that was being searched was 004001

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Taylor_Becktold
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hey @MonkeyAb -

 

I believe I can assist with issue #2, but this might fix issue #1 as well.

 

I recommend passing the account number as a string instead of a number. It is removing the leading numbers due to it assuming that is an integer value and integers typically do not have leading 0s. 

 

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did my reply answer your question? Please mark it as a solution!
If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Check out my blog: https://azwhizkid.com/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Taylor_Becktold
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hey @MonkeyAb -

 

I believe I can assist with issue #2, but this might fix issue #1 as well.

 

I recommend passing the account number as a string instead of a number. It is removing the leading numbers due to it assuming that is an integer value and integers typically do not have leading 0s. 

 

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did my reply answer your question? Please mark it as a solution!
If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Check out my blog: https://azwhizkid.com/

MonkeyAb
New Member

Thanks Taylor.

 

So I found out my issue for error 1 was simply having a space when it shouldn't (amateur I know)
And you were right, I changed it to string and it maintained the format of the number without removing leading zero's.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,782)