cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caroro
Frequent Visitor

Getting an error message on a condition

Hi!

I have developed several Flows using conditions.  For some reason, this one doesn't want to work properly.  I've created 2 different flows using the same conditional principles and they function well.  So, I'm hoping someone could help.  

At first I had an issue with the flow creating a row, but not filing in the data.  That was fixed temporarily and now I am getting the error below.  I tried to move things around, put in variables... and nothing is working.  

I appeciate any help or insights.

"Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Condition_3' at line '1' and column '17998': 'The template language function 'contains' expects its first argument 'collection' to be a dictionary (object), an array or a string. The provided value is of type 'Null'.'."

This is the FLOW:

Basically, once a form is filled in, the answers fit the conditions, I'd like to add a row to one of 2 tables.  The first will fill if the answer to the department is "Fly-In" and the other will fill if the answer does not meet any of the options. (The form has an "other" option.)

caroro_1-1635216145554.png

caroro_2-1635216210611.png

caroro_3-1635216313464.png

caroro_4-1635216452906.png

caroro_0-1635216003711.png

(Just for your info, I do not have access to creating items/lists on SharePoint nor can I add Flow to my excel document. I am also a self-taught "Flow"-er, so I may be doing this all wrong.)

1 REPLY 1
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@caroro  Please add one compose just above condition 3 and pass Department which you are passing in condition.Run your flow and share output.

Hardesh15_0-1635250100959.png

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,310)