cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft Employee

Getting error 502 when saving email attachment

I have a flow to save email attachments when new email arrives. But I am getting 500 unknown error yesterday and then today I am getting 502, could someone please help?

I am using save email attachment flow but I am getting

Inputs
  • Folder Path
    Inbox
  • Importance
    Normal
  • Has Attachments
    True
  • Include Attachments?
    True
Outputs
  • Headers
    { "Pragma": "no-cache", "x-ms-datasourceerror": "True", "x-ms-request-id": "4158810d-6bba-40c6-94e7-10ebd05ebd42", "X-Content-Type-Options": "nosniff", "Connection": "close", "Cache-Control": "no-cache", "Date": "Tue, 09 Aug 2016 19:59:55 GMT",
  • Body
    { "status": 502, "message": "The service returned invalid JSON.", "source": "127.0.0.1" }

Create
13 REPLIES 13
Microsoft Employee

Re: Getting error 502 when saving email attachment

Hi @JingChang. can you please share your flow id?

Go to My flows, then click on the flow, and share the url with me.

Microsoft Employee

Hi JmArreola, thanks for following up!

I have two flows one saving to storage account and the other savign to one drive, they both run into the same error, on the first activity "On new email", here are the urls

https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/flows/78c3679b-9dbd-47af-adbc-4a6754740e2d

https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/flows/d4057d34-a526-474c-8cec-e49464c75b65

Microsoft Employee

I left From, To, and Subject Filter empty in the intention of processign all emails, do they have to have some input?

Microsoft Employee

okay, @JmArreola, I forgot to tag you in previous conversations, Now with all From, To, Subject Filter specified, I had a successful save of email attachment to one drive.

What is the right way to save all email attachments without specifying sender and subject filter?

thanks

Jing

Microsoft Employee

Hi @JingChang the filters are not required. The flow should work with and without them. I already have the logs for the failures of your Flows and we will investigate the reason why they failed.

Yesterday we had an issue related to this connector, i will see if your issue is related. In the meantime, just to double check, can you please modify the flow, remove the filters and test it again now?

Microsoft Employee

Hi @JmArreola sure thing! I will validate and let you know. just to make sure, you mean with From, To, and Subject filter all empty (default to accept all), it should work?  do you just want me to remove subject filters or remove all three?

Microsoft Employee

Yes @JingChang, I mean the From, To and Subject filter, if you can just modify the flow to be the same as it failed yesterday.

Microsoft Employee

Hi @JmArreola it failed again,but not on the first "on new email" activity, but on the second "Create File" activity. I am seeign a new error below, what does it mean? could you please help?

Meanwhile, I havn't had any success when saving to storage account. I will send out details soon,

thanks

Jing

On new email
2s

Create file
0s
Error
  • Code
    InvalidTemplate
    Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_file' inputs at line '1' and column '11': 'The template language function 'concat' parameter values is out of range: evaluating the function would result in a literal of length '226477' which exceeds the limit of '131072'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#concat for usage details.'.
Microsoft Employee

Ok @JingChang. Let me take a look on the error

Microsoft Employee

@JmArreola is that error a data size limit error? what is the supported data size limit for an email attachment? This is a highly asked customer scenario and we have some customer trying to automate their data pipeline using this. 

Microsoft Employee

can you share a screenshot of the CreateFile step?

Microsoft Employee

I will connect with you offline

balakrn
Level: Power Up

Hi, I am getting the same error. Do we have an answer to this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 323 members 2,512 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: