cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FBayer
Regular Visitor

Getting usable data for Condition from Outlook 365 email arrives (V3) trigger

This is my first time creating a Flow, so my apologies if I'm just being stupid.

Here's what I'm trying to do: When an e-mail arrives in my inbox from otherteam-area1@mycompany.comotherteam-area2@mycompany.com, etc., I want to automatically forward this to myteam-area1@mycompany.commyteam-area2@mycompany.com etc unless myteam-areaX@mycompany.com is already in the "To" or "CC" field of that e-mail.

To get started I decided to first do it for just one area, and then figure out how to have it work for each area. (Worst comes to worst, I guess I could just create 12 different flows for the 12 different areas, I guess.) However, it's not even working for the 1 area the way I've set it up, which is as follows:

1. Trigger: Outlook 365 "When a new email arrives (V3)" where From=otherteam-area1@mycompany.com
  2. Initialize variable myteam-area1 as String value myteam-area1@mycompany.com
  3. Condition: AND
    1. To (from Trigger) does not contain myteam-area1
    2. CC (from Trigger) does not contain myteam-area1

This creates the following error when run:

Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Condition' at line '1' and column '19537': 'The template language function 'contains' expects its first argument 'collection' to be a dictionary (object), an array or a string. The provided value is of type 'Null'.'.

This suggests that the To and CC fields from the trigger have a data type of 'Null' rather than 'dictionary', 'array', or 'string'.

So is there a way to transform these fields into an array or string that the Condition can use? Or, if not, is there a different trigger I should use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBayer
Regular Visitor

Figured it out: The fields from the trigger also need to be initialized as variables. Not very intuitive or user-friendly, but hey, it works!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FBayer
Regular Visitor

Figured it out: The fields from the trigger also need to be initialized as variables. Not very intuitive or user-friendly, but hey, it works!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,113)