cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fouad
Level: Powered On

HTML Email body shows: Show your HTML text here.

Hello,

I have created a Flow that sends an email showing the HTML body to an email adress. However most of the time it sends me the default HTML format..

Basically I have the same problem as this guy: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/HTML-Email-Body-returns-Show-your-HTML-text-here/m... But I haven't got a action going on in the OnSelect of a button.

I simply made a Flow instead of that (it works the same) but I don't understand how it doesn't send me the info I need.

I have tried adding an delay between the step that it sends an e-mail and after it runs the flow, because I thought it maybe sends its too quick... but that didn't help.

flow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: HTML Email body shows: Show your HTML text here.

Hi @Fouad,

Yes, it could also work in the action Send an email from a shared mailbox (V2 ), the way to insert the data you want, you can use the dynamic content and expression. For example, I get the data from a SharePoint item, I insert data into the Email body as dynamic content and expression, send an email, it will show what I put, you can have a try.Annotation 2019-09-16 180125.png

Annotation 2019-09-16 175823.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Fouad,

Please use the Send email (V2) action to send the Html Email body:

Click the Code view, then put the Html code into the Body, please have a try:

Annotation 2019-09-13 154555.pngAnnotation 2019-09-13 154526.png

Result view:Annotation 2019-09-13 154244.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Fouad

If that would work, that would be awesome.. but how would it be able to get information out of those datacardvalues? Because.. it does send in HTML but will it also gather data from those fields that has been written on the form as your picture shows otherwise. 😕

Also would you also be able to do this in the flow Send an email from a shared mailbox V2? Because it doesn't let me turn HTML on Yes or No.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Fouad,

Yes, it could also work in the action Send an email from a shared mailbox (V2 ), the way to insert the data you want, you can use the dynamic content and expression. For example, I get the data from a SharePoint item, I insert data into the Email body as dynamic content and expression, send an email, it will show what I put, you can have a try.Annotation 2019-09-16 180125.png

Annotation 2019-09-16 175823.png

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Fouad

You know what I find really strange though? Everything works just as how it should work in the Preview/Editing mode.
But when I post my Canvas App on a SharePoint page by (App ID) In other words.. if I set my App Live it won't gather the DataCardValues.. and sends a HTML Page with no information at all.

This is the mail I get whenever I fill in the form in Editing mode: 

Vol.PNG

This is how it looks like when I try it when I posted the Canvas App in Live mode:

Form in SP mode:

Form in SP.png

T

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Fouad,

How did you create the canvas app? Could you please share the configuration?

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,799)