cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCNehs
Helper V
Helper V

HTML Table for Report that will run biweekly

I have a scheduled workflow that will run every 2 weeks to send a DL a list of items to verify they have fixed.  I'm using "Get Items".  Everything is working fine, except that the "Verification" multiline column is sending the information all in a single line of information instead of having the return breaks.  Have tried several different variables, splits, etc that I've found online but still no luck.

I changed the column from Rich Text to Plain Text on the SharePoint List and in the PowerApp have it set to Edit multi-line of text.  Made sure to refresh the data.  I've also tried removing the data card and re-adding but same outcome.

Here is a snapshot of the table.  The verification area is still showing in a single line, but on the form, there are returns.  If I'm sending a normal email with updates everything works ok, it's just this Get Items scheduled report where i'm seeing this happen.

Any ideas?

multilineText.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DCNehs 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to achieve line break in a HTML table but flow always returns single line which is out of your expectation.

Yes, you are right. Even though we set up multiline type column in SharePoint list, it will be changed to single line after ‘create html table’.

So we need to add extra steps to insert lines.

Here is my list:

v-duann-msft_0-1620119811668.png

Flow overview:

Expression: replace(body('Create_HTML_table'),outputs('Compose'),'<br>')

In the first compose, we should click on ‘Enter’ key to input a empty line here.

v-duann-msft_1-1620119811674.png

After testing, I’m able to get line break.

v-duann-msft_2-1620119811677.png

v-duann-msft_3-1620119811679.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DCNehs 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to achieve line break in a HTML table but flow always returns single line which is out of your expectation.

Yes, you are right. Even though we set up multiline type column in SharePoint list, it will be changed to single line after ‘create html table’.

So we need to add extra steps to insert lines.

Here is my list:

v-duann-msft_0-1620119811668.png

Flow overview:

Expression: replace(body('Create_HTML_table'),outputs('Compose'),'<br>')

In the first compose, we should click on ‘Enter’ key to input a empty line here.

v-duann-msft_1-1620119811674.png

After testing, I’m able to get line break.

v-duann-msft_2-1620119811677.png

v-duann-msft_3-1620119811679.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

View solution in original post

PERFECT!!!!  Thank you so much.  I was looking at something I got awhile ago from someone that was like this but i couldn't figure out what I was missing. I'm definitely noting it this time. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,176)