cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBrefeld

HTTP Webhook basics

Dear all, I'm currently attempting to make a connection between my administration system and Dynamics 365. To do this I currently use the REST API in several Flows which work fine syncing data from Dynamics 365 to the administration program. However I would like to update a record in Dynamics when one of my sales orders becomes an invoice. 

To do this I though about using HTTP Webhooks as the trigger for my flow. But I have no idea how to get it to function properly. I need to tell the administration program where to send the POST request but I have no idea how to figure out the redirect URI that I need to use.

I feel like I'm missing something very basic here but after a lot of searching around I just hit a dead end. Any help would be greatly appreciated as it allows me to (more or less) sync my data realtime with dynamics.

Thanks in forward,
Boyd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SamPo
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@BBrefeld Hi,

You can get the endpoint by creating a new flow with a trigger of 'When a HTTP request is received'. Click the button in the pic below to copy the entire endpoint.

2019-04-17_1725.png

If you need, you can pass values using the 'relativePath' feature otherwise use the body of the request you receive in the flow.

One piece of advise, before you use the endpoint in the application you should decode the URL using an online tool like this one here: https://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/dencoder/

Paste the URL there, click 'Decode' then copy the decoded URL to your application.

Sam

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SamPo
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@BBrefeld Hi,

You can get the endpoint by creating a new flow with a trigger of 'When a HTTP request is received'. Click the button in the pic below to copy the entire endpoint.

2019-04-17_1725.png

If you need, you can pass values using the 'relativePath' feature otherwise use the body of the request you receive in the flow.

One piece of advise, before you use the endpoint in the application you should decode the URL using an online tool like this one here: https://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/dencoder/

Paste the URL there, click 'Decode' then copy the decoded URL to your application.

Sam

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,557)