cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having and issue with the error "You are not authorized to send mail"

So, I am testing a flow I created for notifications and to send an email, but it keeps failing.

Here is the error message I receive.

"status": 403,
  "message": "You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.\r\nclientRequestId: 4777cda9-4ae3-4878-a301-33186fd933e3\r\nserviceRequestId: 5b1b32e8-fe04-4dbc-b3e0-5a9bde039fca",
  "source": "office365-scus.azconn-scus.p.azurewebsites.net"

However, I created the flow and am testing it with my own credentials. Any suggestions as to why it may not be working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Having and issue with the error "You are not authorized to send mail"

Thanks for following up. I was able to resolve it. I changed the From(Send as)  it was set as a specific sender that I was not authorized to send email as. I changed it to Created By Email  form dynamic content. This fixed it. It was trying to send as the maker of the workflow instead of the created of the instance that trigged the workflow. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

The error message told that your account is not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account within "Send an email" action.

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:8.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:9.JPG

Please check if you have typed email address within From (Send as) field of "Send an email" action, if you only want to send an email from your own mailbox, please make sure that the From (Send as) field is empty (as above flow's screenshot).

If you want to send an email on behalf of other mailbox via typing email address within From (Send as) field of "Send an email" action, please make sure that you email address account has been assigned "Send as" or "Send on behalf of" permission to the specific email address. More details about sending an email on behalf of another user, please check the following article:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/give-mailbox-permissions-to-another-user-in-office-365-admin-help-1dbcf12f-a9de-4d1d-b0b3-a227f8a736d8#bkmk_sendbehalflanotheruser

I have made a test on my side to send an email on behalf of another user and my flow's configuration as below:10.JPG

Note: Within "From (Send as)" field, type the email address that you want to send on behalf of and ends with a semicolon (;). 

The flow works successfully as below:11.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for following up. I was able to resolve it. I changed the From(Send as)  it was set as a specific sender that I was not authorized to send email as. I changed it to Created By Email  form dynamic content. This fixed it. It was trying to send as the maker of the workflow instead of the created of the instance that trigged the workflow. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,644)