cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
adh
Level: Powered On

Help formatting input from Forms into an email in Flow

In order to regulate feedback from employees, we're using a form to get responces. 

I'm using a flow to take the information from the form to create a list in the email. The issue is that the sent email removes linebreaks that are in the raw input in the form.

I'd be happy with any number of solutions;

A way to use flows to pre-format that questions response into something with html linebreaks

A way to get flows to format the question as a list (bulleted?)

A way to have a dynamic number of querstions in a form such that each could be added to the resulting email

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Help formatting input from Forms into an email in Flow

Hi @adh,

You said that “the sent email removes linebreaks that are in the raw input in the form”, do you mean that multiple lines will be changed into one line in the email?

Have you tried using the HTML break tag (<br/>) to start a new line in the flow?

I am afraid that it is not possible to format the question as a list (bulleted) with action Send an email, could you try to use the action Send an email (V2) which enables us to format the questions as bullet lists?

About the last one, do you want to display the questions dynamically on the email? If possible, please combine with if function to show questions that meet the if condition.

Hope this could be your reference.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
adh
Level: Powered On

>You said that “the sent email removes linebreaks that are in the raw input in the form”, do you mean that multiple lines will be changed into one line in the email?

Correct. 

Inputting 

in a form results in 12345 when you call upon that form response. I'd like to keep those linebreaks in or find some intermediate step using Flow to break them up, then feed them back into my email as seperate strings so that I could put in <br>s manually in the loop.

The issue is that I can't have a text field for each line because there's always going to be a different number of responses present for that field. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @adh,

Thanks for updating.

I am afraid that it is not possible to add linebreaks in the return results of a dynamic content.

If you need this feature, please consider submitting a request on Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,775)