cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holiday Approval - flow failure

Hi - new to using to Power Automate so please bear with me 🙂

I've set up a holiday approval flow - using the flow checker shows no errors or warnings, but when I test the flow, it stops at "Condition" with an error message to say it failed. There is also an error message further down at "apply to each".

Any ideas from anyone please?

Lesley

10 REPLIES 10
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous it would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of your flow so we could see where the problem might be. Thanks.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rob,  thanks for coming back to me - does this help?flow screenshot.png

@Anonymous 

The screen shot of the failed run is helpful but can you also post a screen shot of your Flow in edit view?  Specifically, detail about how your condition is constructed will be especially helpful.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, does this help?

flow screenshot2.png

Hi @Anonymous try changing the Condition 2 to Outcome rather than Response which was used with an earlier version of the Approval action. So... if Outcome is equal to Approve.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

That seems to have worked in that I've got a lot of green ticks  now :-)- but I had set up the approval request to come to me, for testing purposes, and this time I did not get an email notification to approve?

Any clues?

Lesley

@Anonymous 

I agree with @RobElliott but would like to add that wehen you refer to Outcome you'll have no need for the condition to be inside of a For each loop.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

😞 😞 starting to lose me a little bit now...

I was following along until this point!!

Do I now remove the "apply to each" stage? should I replace with something?

Walk me through it please!!

Thanks

@Anonymous 

See my screen shot below.

NoLoop1.jpg

Scott

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you had an opportunity to apply @ScottShearer 's recommendations to adapt your Flow?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,998)