cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VSJ
Regular Visitor

How Notify a user by email when existing flow fails to execute an respected operation.

Hi Team,

I have an old/existing a flow which reads records from excel and performs some operations.

Due to unknown exceptions the flow stops/terminates executions in middle and that's the reason the user keeps waiting for concerned operations or results.

I want to send notification email to user when old flow fails or stops execution, so that they understand and can perform same operation again. 

Please guide me here.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Add an Action-" Scope"- this will be your try block. You can drag and drop all your existing actions in this block.

If not drag drop, you can copy paste and then delete the outside scope actions.

Make a copy of the flow before you do the changes so that you have backup if any step goes wrong.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @VSJ 

You probably want some sort of error handling using scopes that run after the previous scope has failed.  Take a look here:

https://damobird365.birdhoose.co.uk/2021/03/02/error-handling-power-automate/ 

Damien

Rilsina
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi, 

Agreed on previous reply, you can add a new Action: Send an Email and configure it to run after the action that fails.

If there are multiple actions that fail than you can add all actions in scope and configure send an email to run after scope fails.

Hope this helps

VSJadhav
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks @DamoBird365 and @Rilsina. Your comments are truly valuable for me and I will go with what you suggest here.

VSJadhav
Helper II
Helper II

Need one more your suggestion here.
I have old Flow and its have too many steps. How can I use try and catch here without disturbing existing functionality.

All the time getting different exceptions in one Condition block(having too many steps and operations). I want to use Try for this condition block. 

Hi,

Add an Action-" Scope"- this will be your try block. You can drag and drop all your existing actions in this block.

If not drag drop, you can copy paste and then delete the outside scope actions.

Make a copy of the flow before you do the changes so that you have backup if any step goes wrong.

Hope this helps!

VSJadhav
Helper II
Helper II

thanks @Rilsina. Your suggestion was very clear and simple to understand.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,906)