cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

How do I fill a Sharepoint Lookup Column in Power Automate?

How do I fill a Sharepoint Lookup Column in Power Automate?

I tried using a value that matches one of the options but that did not work.

See screenshot below.

johnmarkcausin_0-1611069626836.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @johnmarkcausin 

For the field as you shows, please put 'ID' from 'Get items' action as below:

1.28-9.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @johnmarkcausin 

If you use ‘Get items’ action, then you can only get the lookup items’ Id. The Id is same as the original list’s item Id.

The original list here refers to the list where the lookup item comes from.

So, you can use the flow as below:

1.20-6.PNG

1.20-7.PNG

If you still have problem with the flow, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

johnmarkcausin_0-1611257044588.png

Would this be the column where I will be pulling the data from? or would it be data from MS Forms that can be used to feed into the lookup column.

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @johnmarkcausin 

It should be data from MS Forms that can be used to feed into the lookup column.

Because the list used in 'Get items' action is the original list where the lookup item comes from.

This filter query is used to check whether the value of the column of original list (which the lookup item value comes from originally) is equal to the data from MS Forms that can be used to feed into the lookup column.

Best Regards,

I am still getting errors. I would like to know if there is a limitation on the value to be used? The data I use for the lookup is an email address captured when users login to MS Forms.

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @johnmarkcausin 

Could your share the screenshots of your flow to let me spot the errors?

I need more info.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Frequent Visitor

See Error Details:

johnmarkcausin_0-1611558655859.png

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @johnmarkcausin 

Could you show me the expression you used and the whole flow you created?

Best Regards,

Frequent Visitor

Here is the screenshot of the flows.

johnmarkcausin_1-1611572356809.png

johnmarkcausin_3-1611572421956.png

johnmarkcausin_4-1611572603788.png

johnmarkcausin_5-1611572665564.png

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @johnmarkcausin 

Your 'Filter Query' in 'Get items' action is in a wrong format.

LookupColumn eq the dynamic content

(The 'LookupColumn' is the name of the column)

1.27-3.PNG

This filter query is used to match the data from MS Forms that can be used to feed into the lookup column and the column value where you will pull the data from .

For what is filter query, you can go to the link: SharePoint - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

For more info about eq and other operators in filter query, you can go to the link: OData comparison operator reference - Azure Cognitive Search | Microsoft Docs 

Best Regards,

Frequent Visitor

I tried adding the LookupColumn in the Sharepoint site as you instructed but I could only find dynamic contents from MS Forms.

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @johnmarkcausin 

You don't need to add another LookupColumn in the SharePoint site. Just put in the name of your own lookup column.

The dynamic content to put in after 'eq' is the data from MS Forms that can be used to feed into the lookup column (which is probably the answer of a question whose value can be matched with value from your own lookup column). 

And I've seen that you just got the dynamic content as below. Isn't the value matched with value from your own lookup column respectively? 

1.27-13.PNG

First, please make sure that in 'Get items' action, you use the original list which 'LookupColumn' pulls data from.

The data which 'LookupColumn' reference from is in the original list. The 'LookupColumn' is in another list.

Then, it seems like the column name of your lookup column is not LookupColumn?

From the screenshot you posted before, it should be 'Advocate Email CALC'?

1.27-10.PNG

If it's still not working, then please go to the list settings> corresponding column> field name:

1.25-7.PNG

1.27-11.png

1.27-12.PNG

Best Regards,

Frequent Visitor

now I am not getting any error

I entered: Advocate_x0020_Email_x0020_CALC eq 'Get_response_details'

I had to add apostrophe before and after the dynamic data Get Respondent's Email so I do not get an error when running a test. See screenshot below.

johnmarkcausin_0-1611759088461.png

What do I put in this field?

johnmarkcausin_1-1611759151606.png

There are my options right now:

johnmarkcausin_2-1611759250482.png

btw, thank you for helping out a newbie. 🙂

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @johnmarkcausin 

For the field as you shows, please put 'ID' from 'Get items' action as below:

1.28-9.png

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

After following all the guidance given, it still did not work. It was dumbfounding that the Get Items should have been the source List and not the destination. Fixed and working after that. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (39,693)