cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manlamcheng Helper I
Helper I

How to Avoid triggering Modified Workflow

HI

I have a Flow for sending email when an new SharePoint item is added, it also update a column

and a Flow to send email when the item is modified, is there a way to avoid triggering the item edit workflow when the column is modified by the item add workflow?

in SharePoint workflow, if a column is updated by the item add workflow, it will not trigger modify workflow, the modified by is recorded as "modified by workflow on behalf of user",  For Flow,  it will trigger both, and Modified by will be recorded as the user

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to Avoid triggering Modified Workflow

Hi manlamcheng,

I have seen this issue on other thread for several times. It seems that currently it is a default behavior, as far as I know, PGs are working on this trigger and will very soon be renaming the trigger “When an existing item is modified”.

I will keep an eye on this issue and back to you once I got any updates.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
manlamcheng Helper I
Helper I

Thank you !

Hope it will happen soon enough for me to switch to Flow from SharePoint workflow before my project deadline

ChristianRuiz

Una de las formas que yo hice fue crear un campo de tipo text (multilínea) donde almaceno todos los valores de los campos a modificar en formato json desde mi flujo, así me cercioro que si hay algún cambio en cualquiera de los campos a modificar se ejecute la lógica de mi flujo, caso contrario que finalice.

1) Genero un objeto json con los datos de los campos de la lista (sólo los que cambian)

1.png

2)Creo la estructura de un JSON vació (esto es para almacenar el valor del json previamente registrado)

2.png

3) Valido que exista el campo Json (DetectarCambio) y que contenga valores, si contiene valores se setea con el valor del campo DetectarCambio (es aquí donde almaceno mi json una vez que hago alguna modificación) , caso contrario (Inicializo con valores vacíos mi jSON.3.png

4) Genero mi JSON con los campos objtenidos

4.png

5) Genero mi JSON con los campos previamente obtenidos después de actualizar mi elemento.

5.png

6)Por último comparo cada campo con los datos previamente registrados.6.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (8,043)