cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to approve the MS flow approval from the email body

Hi,

i have used the action "start and wait for the approval" with approval type "first to response". I want the approver to appove in the email body itself without traversing to the flow dashboard.Capture.JPGcapture2.pngcapture3.png

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to approve the MS flow approval from the email body

@priyankaR 

I am assuming that your issue is responding to the approval email in the Outlook desktop application.

Can you please check to see that you are using the most current version of the Outlook client?  This issue has appeared in the past and is usually related to an older version of Outlook.

In the meantime, I don't believe you'll have the issue if you approve via the Outlook web application.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply.

My issue is not responding to the approval email in outlook desktop application and i am using the recent version of outlook. My problem is that i want my appoval email to look like below screenshots,explained in the link https://www.ejazhussain.com/2019/03/10/sharepoint-approval-task-using-flow/#Notification-Email-and-A...

Capture4.JPG

But my approval email looks like

capture2.png

When clicked on approve takes me to separate tab to approve and enter my comments, instead i want to approve in email body itself.

capture3.png

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @priyankaR ,

Please open Approval email in the web version of Outlook so that you can approve the request directly in the Email Body.

https://outlook.office365.com/

Or you could install Office 365 client on your PC so that you could complete the Approval request directly on Outlook client.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I tried but its same , still cant approve in the email body.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @priyankaR ,

Have you tried accessing this link? I mean you need to access Office 365 outlook in your browser.

What type of account do you use, is there a subscription for O365 Outlook?

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

i tried accessing this link, but it still same. I use my office email and there is subcription for 0365.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @priyankaR ,

Do you mean that you did not receive a similar Approval email in Office 365 Outlook?

14.PNG

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

When i open via https://outlook.office365.com/owa/

cap6.JPG

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @priyankaR ,

Is there a Show original message in Email? The email on my side contains actionable message and original message.

15.PNG

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No i dont have it and i think this screenshot you get after the it is appoved.  I have used the action "start and wait for the approval" with approval type "first to response"., is that matters.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

This is my configuration:

2.PNG

Approval email:

1.PNG

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am also using same action and type, but i am wondering why is my email content looking different than yours ?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @priyankaR ,

Please try to use other browsers for testing.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I tried in different browsers , its the same. Interestingly i came across one article which speaks about this issue.

https://www.chakkaradeep.com/2018/03/12/require-approval-of-documents-in-sharepoint-using-microsoft-...

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,194)