cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
in2217
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to cancel multiple flow runs or what's going on with flow performance?

Dear community,

is there an intelligent way to cancel multiple flow runs at once?

I have a flow that reads from SharePoint list. This sometimes fails and sometimes just takes very long.

This flow is triggered by the HTTP call from another flow.

HTTP call performs several retries and the default number of 4 retries is just not enough.

I've increased the number of retries to 50 and this made things go crazy, with thousands of runs.

Apparently this brought the whole business to a halt and I now observe runs where a "scope" that contains 3 "compose" actions, each one run in under a second, - takes 25 min to complete.

So three questions:

1. how to cancel hundreds of runs at once

2. how to control for this kind of runaways

3. what to do about SharePoint response rate (read from the list of about 40 text entries)

Thank you,

Inna

3 REPLIES 3
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Inna

In your first flow, the one that invokes HTTP action, are you expecting a response from the second one, right? This could explain the retry policy applying

Can you share a screenshot of your flow designs? Probably by introducing some changes we can avoid this problem in the future

Thanx!

P.D. I'm afraid I do not know any procedure to cancel more than one flow execution at once, let's hope someone can point us to the right direction.

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@in2217 

Can you post a screen shot of your Flow - that would be a help for those trying to assist.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Some screenshots:

This is a settings of the calling HTTP action

These are settings of the calling HTTP actionThese are settings of the calling HTTP action

This is the flow that gets stuck because this SharePoint list read sometimes returns Bad Request and sometime lasts more than an hour.

Reading from SP listReading from SP list

And here is "Scope" section with just 3 "Compose" actions, normally taking less than a second.

3-19-2020 7-40-34 PM.png

Thank you.

Inna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (26,899)