cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
armandofalcao
Frequent Visitor

How to compare a form respondent's email with an existing email in an excel sheet?

Dear friends, how are you? I have the following problem. I have a spreadsheet (image 1) with the emails of the target audience of a company action. I also have a form where everyone - including non-target audiences - can express interest. How should I create a flow where I compare if the form respondent's email is part of the target audience (image 2)? I posted what I did below (Flow parts 1 and 2). Even though I'm on the spreadsheet, I just get "message number 2". What should I do?

Image 1Image 1Image 2Image 2Flow Part 1Flow Part 1Flow Part 2Flow Part 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @armandofalcao ,

Based on your description, i have made a similar test but it seems that works fine on my side.

When the form responder's email is in the excel table, execute the If yes branch of the Condition Action, otherwise execute the If no branch.

Here is my Flow.

ColumnName eq 'Dynamic Content'
length(outputs('List_rows_present_in_a_table')?['body/value'])

vyujincuimsft_2-1659419295519.png

vyujincuimsft_3-1659419471837.png

Result Screenshots:

vyujincuimsft_0-1659418436041.png

vyujincuimsft_1-1659418890860.png

Maybe you could check if your email in the excel table has extra spaces, or you could try to paste the email from the run history into excel and try again.

vyujincuimsft_4-1659420000271.png

Best Regards,
Charlie Choi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @armandofalcao ,

Sorry, I'm not good at this language. Could you please tell me the meaning of the sentence in the red box? 

vyujincuimsft_0-1659346912510.png

Best Regards,
Charlie Choi

Hi, Charlie!

Thanks for your answer. It means "is greater than".

Best Regards,

Armando Bandeira.

v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @armandofalcao ,

Based on your description, i have made a similar test but it seems that works fine on my side.

When the form responder's email is in the excel table, execute the If yes branch of the Condition Action, otherwise execute the If no branch.

Here is my Flow.

ColumnName eq 'Dynamic Content'
length(outputs('List_rows_present_in_a_table')?['body/value'])

vyujincuimsft_2-1659419295519.png

vyujincuimsft_3-1659419471837.png

Result Screenshots:

vyujincuimsft_0-1659418436041.png

vyujincuimsft_1-1659418890860.png

Maybe you could check if your email in the excel table has extra spaces, or you could try to paste the email from the run history into excel and try again.

vyujincuimsft_4-1659420000271.png

Best Regards,
Charlie Choi

It worked! Thank you very much! There really were extra spaces in the test email. Your flow using Filter Query is also much friendlier. Thanks so much for all your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,817)