cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to create an approval workflow for a document library across multiple sub-sites?

Hi,

I have a requirement to recreate a sharepoint 2010 designer workflow in power automate. The workflow should be triggered manually for a document in the document library. Is it possible to use this workflow across multiple sub-sites, which has same document library with same structure?

The workflow has InfoPath forms also. what is the best alternative to InfoPath forms in power automate approval process?

Any inputs or helpful links to start with would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sravya

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: How to create an approval workflow for a document library across multiple sub-sites?

- An individual flow connection will connect to a single library.  If the different libraries all have the same structure then you should be able to export the flow and import it as a new flow connected to a different library.  But there is no way to have the same flow across multiple sub sites.

- The replacement for InfoPath would be Power Apps.  I assume you are using InfoPath forms in the libraries.  YOu can do the same thing with a Power Apps integrated form

- There is a trigger in flow for 'For a Selected File' That's the trigger you want to start your flow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to create an approval workflow for a document library across multiple sub-sites?

Thank you @Pstork1  for your response.

I missed to mention that this application creates a sub-site dynamically based on a master site template (As part of this site creation, 'Documents' library is also created which is empty initially). There is a utility site from where documents are generated and stored in this 'Documents' library. I want the workflow to be associated with these documents. Is there a way I can achieve this?

Please help. Thank you in advance.

Regards

Sravya 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,195)