Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to disable a Zombie Flow!

Hi

I have been testing out a scheduled flow which uses an Excel GetRows action to email notify someone based on a condition.   Whilst prototyping I saved the flow multiple times and essentially tested with a simple email notification to myself that accessed just the first 4 rows. I have turned off the latest version of the Flow however I have an older “Zombie” version of the Flow instance that keeps sending me email notifications which I cannot turn off – the email body shows it was one of the earlier versions! I it looks like I will need to remove the worksheet unless somebody is able to turn this instance off.

Flow disabled but keeps running.PNG

This would be vaguely amusing if wasn't true.....  Given I don't want this continuing through the night. I will delete the worksheet and see what happens..

Zombie Flow Emails.png

Update... it is now 20:00 GMT + 1 and although I have deleted all the files in the relevant folder and disabled the flow the instance is still running against a copy of the Excel data held in in some internal storage, so it   looks like I will need support to terminate thiis instance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Re: How to disable a Zombie Flow!

There are two options:

1. Cancel the pending runs
    • click on the (i) icon for the flow.
    • Select "Running" at the top
    • Click on each run in the list and then click "Cancel" at the top for each run
  2. Delete the flow. If you want to preserve the flow, you could “Save As” to clone the flow first and then delete the original.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

There are two options:

1. Cancel the pending runs
    • click on the (i) icon for the flow.
    • Select "Running" at the top
    • Click on each run in the list and then click "Cancel" at the top for each run
  2. Delete the flow. If you want to preserve the flow, you could “Save As” to clone the flow first and then delete the original.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Option 1 seems to have stopped the flows. Thanks I will remember for next time.

Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (3,402)