cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhinesh28R
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to get ID from filter array elements?

Hi all, 

In my i need to give a Id value lookup field. in my app i have so many lookup field values.

Go its getting exceed number of apply to each value.

So i am thinking to get a ID from filter array values.

But its getting error.

Following is my error,

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Compose_6' inputs at line '0' and column '0': 'The template language expression 'first(body('Filter_array_6')?['Value'])?['ID']' cannot be evaluated because property 'Value' cannot be selected. Array elements can only be selected using an integer index. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

Now i need to get a ID value form filter array elements.

How to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Dhinesh.

2 REPLIES 2
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Dhinesh28R 

Based on your error, you are possibly looking for first(body('Filter_array_6'))?['Value']?['ID']

Without seeing your JSON, the error indicates that your Value is another Array of objects.  You can either use First to return the first Value object or ?[0] i.e. body('Filter_array_6')?[0]?['Value']?['ID'].

If ID is also an array of objects for each Value, you might have to contruct the following body('Filter_array_6')?[0]?['Value']?[0]?['ID'].

Damien

Hi @DamoBird365,

Thanks for your answer.

body('Filter_array_6')?[0]?['Value']?['ID'] - It's getting an empty values.

So i used first(body('Filter_array_6'))?['ID'] this. This getting ID only.

Thanks,

Dhinesh. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,264)