cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to make company wide / org-wide Power Automate flow?

Hi,

I have admin permissions. I need to create a Travel Request approval process. I have org-wide SharePoint site with Travel Requests list. When people place there their travel requests it starts Power Automate to send approval email to director and another email notification to accountant about the new row.

My question is: how to make org-wide flow which works for all employees with no need of any approvals/permissions to make it work?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @kukulka ,Flow runs under the creator account, so if you create a Flow that is triggered based on SharePoint list item creation. Your flow will trigger under your account whenever someone adds an item to that list.
It would be best if you made sure that everyone has access to the list.

Regards,
Deepak S

Hi @DeepakS 
Thank you for your reply.

I created a new user with Office E5 license. I called it "Contoso mailing". I creted a flow under this user and set a trigger to run-only to SharePoint List -> Travel requests. This list is created on org-wide site. As I good understand everyone who will create a new row should trigger a flow, right? Sadly now it is not working.

2020-11-18 09_22_17-Środowisko dev Windows 10 na IT141NB - połączenie z maszyną wirtualną.png

2020-11-18 09_31_19-Środowisko dev Windows 10 na IT141NB - połączenie z maszyną wirtualną.png

Resolver I
Resolver I

Ok, my mistake. Trigger on Flow was set as a button. Whan I changed it to "When item is created or changed" it works fine.

Resolver I
Resolver I

Dear Admin, please remove this thread.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (68,670)