cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amarri007
Frequent Visitor

How to move files(sub folder files) from onedrive(root directory) to on premises data gateway folder

Hello Everyone,

How to move files(sub folder files) from onedrive(root directory) to on premises data gateway folder

8 REPLIES 8
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey Mate, @amarri007 

I do not have data gateway folder but I tried on my cloud ODB -

CFernandes_0-1633949211409.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

amarri007
Frequent Visitor

Thank you!
I am able to copy/move files from onedrive (only root directory or specified directory) to local server folder (on premises data gateway), but my requirement is to copy/move all files of onedrive to local server folder (on premises data gateway)

@amarri007 Thank you for clarification. Please find my solution below -

CFernandes_0-1633950080777.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

Thank you  @CFernandes .

Can flow automatically do this task:
Example: Root directory and sub folders have the files
Root directory(name of the directory- amarri)-have 3 files and 3 sub folders (a, b and c folder) each sub-folder have 2 files.

Hey Mate @amarri007 

I assume you want to copy the files with folder structure - If yes, I had created one for SharePoint(you just need to replace the SharePoint actions with OneDrive) see screenshot below- 

CFernandes_0-1633952723735.png

amarri007
Frequent Visitor

Yes @CFernandes ,
It seems that this is not working, thank you for your work.

I found 2 folder actions:
1) List files in root folder

2) List files in folder
But there is a limitation for nested condition up to 8 only.

I tried my level best only upto 3 nested sub folders of root folder is working.

Need to work on other options.

@amarri007 Ahh OK.

>>But there is a limitation for nested condition up to 8 only.

I am not sure about the limitation. Will need to do some research.

Perhaps you might just want to Sync the OneDrive to your local File Share Server. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sync-files-with-onedrive-in-windows-615391c4-2bd3-4aae-a4... 

amarri007
Frequent Visitor

I found alternate solution.
Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,149)